Top 10 Tips For Surviving The 2019 Naperville Ale Fest – Winter Edition
Welcome to the winter of 2019 where it can range from sunny and 55 degrees, to -10 and snowing. The trick to surviving winter is to bundle up and embrace the crazy weather, whatever it may be. What better way to embrace winter than to drink craft beer outside in February? That’s why we created the Naperville Ale Fest – Winter Edition. With a little planning and preparation you can turn your humdrum winter into an unforgettable experience.
We recommend reading this survival guide in your best Mom voice.
10. Plan ahead! Check out the Naperville Ale Fest website’s FAQ section and Facebook page to get all the latest details about the fest.
9. Dress WARMLY. Break out your long johns, parka, boots, hat, scarf, and gloves.
8. Check out the beer list before the fest! We also recommend printing a copy and taking a picture with your phone.
7. Bring your ticket. Sounds like a no-brainer, but warrants a mention. Print your ticket or have it easily accessible on your phone. If your tick is not out and ready when you get to the front of the line you will be send back to the end of the line.
6. Don’t let parking derail your day. However you choose to get to the fest, give yourself plenty of time. We recommend having someone drop you off.
5. Please respect the tents. Keep moving through the tents after you get your samples and keep all smoking away from the tents and tent entrances. Please remember, no cluster fucking in the tents - keep it moving my friend.
4. Avoid the front gate frenzy – the gates open at 11:30 am. Bring cash for a quick sale if you are purchasing your ticket at the gate and look for the signs at the top of the entrance tents to make the front gate as smooth and efficient as possible.
3. Pace Yourself. Four hours is a long time to drink, so take your time, drink plenty of water throughout the day, and remember you don’t have to drink every ounce poured.
2. Food is Fuel. Make sure to check out Chicago’s favorite food trucks while at the fest.
1. Have Fun! Sit and relax around the fire pits, check out the food trucks, purchase some NAFW swag, and enjoy your surroundings.
The 2019 Naperville Ale Fest – Winter Edition will take place on Saturday, February 23 from 12pm-4pm. Situated on the frozen tundra of Naperville’s Frontier Park – the fest will feature over 150 unique American craft beers. Pull out your long-johns and parkas, it’s time to experience winter’s best craft beers. The fest will also feature food from some of Chicagoland’s favorite food trucks.
Tickets are selling fast so don’t delay…